Claim Specialist - Proximity
Number of Openings:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and concludes claims including verification of coverage, legal liability and extent of damage to property, which may require contact by telephone, correspondence or in person
- Examines claims submitted by insureds and/or third parties, or such claims assigned from other claim units, for additional or specialized investigation as necessary for claim resolution
- Handles assigned claims and tasks, including claims which may involve large loss, multiple contacts, complex coverage issues and multiple site inspections
- Performs in-person inspections with customers to resolve claims
- Prepares and/or reviews property estimates and contents estimates in loss settlements
- Assists agents in the resolution of claims
****************************************IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ ***********************************
This position is for a grow location in the Fire Proximity future structure. This role will require the selected candidate to complete work/assignments which are currently handled in both HCCS Proximity and WCCS Local environments. This will include but is not limited to the following:
- Must be willing to work flexible work shifts as operations dictates
- May work irregular hours, including weekends and holidays, based on workload and job requirement
- May be required to work overtime
- May require serving in or for geographic locations other than that of the assigned area
- Position may require walking, climbing, bending, reaching, kneeling, squatting, stooping, crawling and/or lifting objects
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, unfolding and climbing a ladder and utilizing appropriate equipment in accordance with safety guidelines to traverse roofs at various heights for inspection of both residential and commercial structures to gather information needed during the adjustment of a claim
- May be required to complete Rope and Harness Safety Training (RAST)
- Reside within one of the zip codes associated with the location listed in the posting for which they are selected
LOCATION:Pierre, South Dakota territory. Selected candidates will be required to reside within one of the zip codes associated with the location for which they are selected. *The acceptable zip codes for residency are as follows: 57501, 57532
We are continuing to evaluate our Fire model but have identified a business need for a presence in this location in the future.Apply Here
This posting is for a Claims Specialist – Fire Proximity. Fire Claims experience is preferred. Other factors for consideration may include: role/segment experience, job performance, current location and/or jurisdictional knowledge.
HOURS OF OPERATION: The Fire proximity role is a non-exempt/overtime eligible employee and expected to work a standard 7 hour, 45 minute workday, at minimum. Customer needs will guide the start and end time of each day.
LICENSING: Continued employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements necessary to obtain appropriate state(s) mandated licenses. This includes successfully completing all applicable licensing exam(s), background checks & MVRs required of various state(s). Failure to do so may result in termination.
TRAINING: Training will vary upon selected candidate's experience. Overnight travel may be required for classroom training curriculum.